NIH CIO CS
Contract Number: HHSN316201500046W
Period of Performance: 05/01/2015 to 04/30/2025
Chief Information Officer – Commodities and Solutions (CIO-CS) Government-Wide Acquisition Contract (GWAC) is a five (5) year Indefinite Delivery/Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) contract with a five (5) year optional period. The intent of this contract is to provide information technology (IT) commodities and solutions as defined in Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) 2.101(b) and further clarified in the Clinger-Cohen Act of 1996. These IT commodities and solutions include health and biomedical-related IT commodities to meet scientific, health, administrative, operational, managerial, and information management requirements. The contract also contains general IT commodities partly because medical systems are increasingly integrated within a broader IT architecture, requiring a systems approach to their implementation and a sound infrastructure for their operation.
Purpose: The purpose of this CIO-CS GWAC is to provide a mechanism for the Federal Government to procure IT commodities and solutions as they relate to general IT initiatives along with health and life sciences IT capabilities. These IT commodities and associated commodity enabling services may include IT procurements aligned to information management, operational, administrative, and health and biomedical research requirements.
Federal agencies can use this GWAC for acquiring a wide range of IT commodities and associated commodity enabling services. The GWAC is an IDIQ contract against which federal agencies can issue delivery orders for their specific requirements. The focus of this contract is to provide government agencies with a mechanism for quick ordering of needed IT commodities and associated commodity enabling services at equitable and reasonable prices.
Where applicable, the Contractor shall provide IT commodities that may be deployed using one or both of the models as listed below:
- On-Premise Model: In this model, the Contractor deploys commodities and products onsite either within the Government site or at another contractor site. In this model, additional “bundled” services may be required which include, but are not limited to, provisioning, deployment, installations, warranty and maintenance, engineering and assessment studies and training.
- Managed Services Model (includes deployment on the Public Cloud): As demonstrated by market conditions and trends over the last 5 years, along with a number of federal policies such as FEDRamp, the Cloud First Initiative, the 25-point plan and data center consolidation initiatives, the Contractor deploys IT commodities via managed services and the Cloud. Note that Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS) capabilities are becoming more commonplace where the commodity service is managed through a Service Level Agreement (SLA) and is based on a subscription model.
In addition, under the scope of this contract, the Contractor may provide commodity enabling services that shall ensure the successful operation and sustenance of the IT commodities.
The IT commodities and commodity enabling services that are to be included in each product category of the contract will need to adhere to regulations mandated within the Federal Health Architecture (FHA) and technology and business regulations mandated within the Federal Enterprise Architecture (FEA). Where applicable and specified at the delivery order level, the Contractor shall ensure compliance with the following:
- Trade Agreement Act (TAA)
- Electronic Product Environmental Assessment Tool (EPEAT)
- Energy Star
- Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA) compliance
- Federal Risk and Authorization Management Program (FEDRAMP) compliance
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) compliance
- Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1974
Customer Service Division CIO-CS Brochure
NIH CIO-CS Website
“Latest Conformed Contract”
“Prompt Payment Terms”
FCN PMO Contacts
FCN Helpline: (301) 770-2925