Contract Number: HSHQDC-13-D-00017
- Period of Performance: 01/08/2013 - 12/31/2022
Value-Added Reseller Services for Information Technology Commodities and Solutions
The FirstSource II initiative is a 100% small business multiple-award, Indefinite Delivery/ Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) contract vehicle, specifically designed as the preferred source to acquire commercially-available Information Technology (IT) commodities, solutions, and value-added reseller (VAR) services to support DHS business units in accomplishing their assigned missions.
FirstSource II provides the Department with access to a full array of value-added reseller services and access to a wide and renewable variety of IT commodities and solutions (hardware and software) from multiple Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs). Any commercially available IT product may be made available through these contracts.
Under this IDIQ, DHS components may issue orders on a Firm-Fixed Price (FFP) to include FFP incentives or on a FFP/Time and Material (T&M) basis or use a purchase card to acquire commodities.
- Small Form Factor Device: Portable mobile computing device with a display screen that provides an interface for viewing and processing data that can be transported for normal human-computer interaction. (For example, laptops, netbooks, tablets, smart phones, bar code readers, Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) readers)
- Static Device: A computing device, equipment storage system or visual display device that remains in a permanent location and is not transported for normal business functions. (For example, desktop workstation, monitor, security card reader, server and network racks)
- Domain Device: A device that provides information technical service management for the optimization, administration and security of data, voice, and video transmission and all interrelated interfaces to support network and application protocols and processing, storing, replication, recovering, monitoring and auditing of all information system processes. (For example, router, switches, servers and blade servers, SAN, security appliances, firewalls, software, tape backup device, Uninterruptable Power Supply, Video Teleconferencing)
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) Device (desktop virtualization): A device that supports distributed applications for wired and wireless heterogeneous and homogenous network environments for mobile small factor devices and static devices for the transmission, processing, creating, storing, retrieving and manipulating of images. (For example, virtual machines and applications that operate within a centralized, decentralized or hosted infrastructure interface device, such as virtual desktop infrastructure device or thin client application)
- Peripheral Device: Auxiliary hardware and software for system management, productivity and collaboration, monitoring and sustainment for small factor devices, static devices, domain devices and VDI devices. (For example, printers, USB sticks, scanners, DVD recorders, RFID tags, cameras)
Key Contract Vehicle Features
- Provides access to qualified contractors at competitive rates;
- No fees associated with placing orders;
- Reduces overall cost to Components by ensuring smooth IT implementation, reduces project timelines, and maintains predictable reporting and support metrics;
- Opportunities to negotiate additional discounts at the order level; and
- Reduces redundant orders and contracting actions.