Cybersecurity is a hot topic in today’s world. The cloud, mobile devices, and constantly evolving technology open the door to a myriad of cyber threats with the potential to harm your organization. If you are encountering difficulty knowing where to start, what new and emerging technologies are available FCNs cyber team has you covered! We have a team of cybersecurity experts who are ready to help you develop a strong security strategy and posture. Here are five tips to get you started:
- Conduct a Risk Assessment – The first step in any good security strategy is conducting a risk assessment. This will help you identify which areas of your network are most vulnerable to attack. Once you know where your weaknesses are, you can start to develop plans to mitigate those risks.
- Implement Security Controls – Once you’ve identified the risks, it’s time to start implementing security controls. There are many different types of security controls available, so it’s important to choose the ones that are right for your organization. Some common options include firewalls, intrusion detection systems, and encryption.
- Train Your Employees – One of the most important aspects of a good security strategy is training your employees. They need to know how to spot signs of an attack and what to do if they think their computer has been compromised. You should also have procedures in place for reporting suspicious activity.
- Test Your System Regularly – It’s not enough to just implement security measures, you also need to regularly test your system to make sure it’s working as it should. This includes running vulnerability scans and penetration tests. Doing this on a regular basis will help you identify any weak points in your system so you can fix them before they’re exploited by an attacker.
- Review and Update Your Plan Regularly – Your security strategy is not something that you can set and forget—it needs to be reviewed and updated on a regular basis as new threats emerge and technologies change. Make sure you review your plan at least once a year, and update it as needed.
FCN can help you focus on specific technologies and solutions to build out a strong Cybersecurity protection strategy to meet your organization’s needs. FCN IT is here to help you take control.
Contact us today to learn more about our cyber security services!Contact Us